Rome Floyd Chamber Statement
Over the past several weeks we have leaned in to grieve, listen, understand, and empathize. We as an organization and as a staff have taken time to look inward and outward as we seek to promote needed change and offer necessary healing to strengthen and foster valued relationships within our diverse community.
There is no place for racism, discrimination or intolerance within our organization. We welcome people from every nation, and we accept everyone regardless of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. Our motto has always been and will continue to be, “working together works.”
As we have taken time, we have created the following action items:
- Form a Diversity and Inclusion program for the Rome Floyd Chamber.
- Promote conversations through our committees and through Leadership Rome and High School Leadership Rome that create awareness, promote understanding and provide opportunity for celebrating diversity and advocating for inclusion.
- Provide more information and marketing opportunities for black-owned and minority-owned businesses.
- Provide a one-year sponsorship and mentorship through the Rome Floyd Chamber for 10-15 minority-owned businesses.
- Implement the Minority Business Summit to be held on June 23, 2020 from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
We know there is more to do and more action on our part required. We’re not afraid of having hard conversations. We ask you to join us in these days ahead as we begin to have those conversations. Please call on us at any time at the Rome Floyd Chamber - we are here to listen, learn and understand. - Thank you.