Logistics Sales Representative
Rood Logistics is looking for a seasoned and experienced Logistics Sales Representative to drive growth by developing and retaining a valuable and productive book of business for truckload and LTL brokerage operation. As a Logistics Sales Representative, your main responsibility is to aggressively discover and capture new business by engaging with clients via telephone and email. In this role, you will nurture and expand new customer relationships by ensuring high levels of service and offering additional solutions to our customers.
- Develops new business accounts
- Designs and executes account sales plans to achieve sales goal
- Builds meaningful relationships with each account
- Actively generates new sales leads and converts them to revenue generating accounts
- Utilizes Keypoint to maintain account and pipeline information
- Communicates with operations team to ensure execution and performance
- Establish both transactional and contractual rates with customers with guidance.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly revenue and profit objectives
- Participates in special projects and other assigned duties as requested
- High energy, high engagement, high trust team player
- Entrepreneurial deal maker and problem solver
- Extensive network of contacts
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to work independently - self-motivated
- Ability to thrive in high a tempo environment
- Proficiency with TMS and MS Office applications
- Must be willing to travel to meet essential responsibilities
- Highly effective negotiating skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business data and reports, as well as ability to write reports and professional business correspondence
- After hours or weekend work as required by customer demands and/or seasonality typical to transportation
- Ability to learn new software and computer systems
- Disciplined organizational and multi-tasking skills with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates the ability to connect with others on a personal level to create an openness and trust in the relationship whether with team members, customers, or other stakeholders
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- 3PL / Brokerage Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Direct selling experience
Rood Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. Rood Logistics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rood Logistics are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rood Logistics will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.