Advanced Steel Technology is looking for an Account Representative that will be responsible for sales and account activities for AST. This is a salary only position.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to customer relations, quoting, pricing, technical support, sales presentations, and customer entertainment.
- This job will require above average math skills with an in-depth knowledge of constructing large spreadsheets in excel and developing price schedules.
- This position will need to give power point presentations, have an in-depth knowledge of the AST manufacturing process, be able to discuss quality issues, negotiate with customers, and continuously look for new business opportunities.
- Some travel required and it may be without advance notice. Area of responsibility will be wherever sales potential exists for AST.
- This job will require the ability to meet project deadlines, multitask various projects, and switch priorities quickly.
- Work hours could sometimes be long and unpredictable.
- This position is dependent on keeping up to date knowledge of market trends, market forecasting, customer forecast, and changes in steel markets both in the US and abroad.
- Continuously gathering information about our customers is paramount.
- This position will need to keep current, day to day knowledge of all activities of our customers regarding forecast, build schedules, shutdowns, key personnel, or any other activity that may have a direct or indirect effect on AST.
- This position will represent and be the face of Advanced Steel Technology to our customers. In order to accomplish this, the person in this position should always present a well-groomed appearance, dress in appropriate business style while visiting customers and conduct oneself in a polite and professional manor.
- Performs all duties following established safety procedures and guidelines using assigned safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of cost quote procedures and requirements.
- Must be familiar with manufacturing processes and terminology.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills is required.
- Requires the ability to maintain specified records, files, and logs, both manual and computer, and to compile data to prepare and generate reports.
- Must be familiar with safety regulations.
- Training is provided however a base knowledge of sales and account management is preferable.
EXPERIENCE AND JOB TRAINING:
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing firm is preferred but not required. .
- At least 5 years work experience is necessary.
- Manufacturing background is preferred.
- Understanding of the sales process and vendor relationships is required.
- Must have the ability to understand technical issues.
- Good communication and negotiating skills are required.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
SCHOOLING OR EQUIVALENT:
- A BS degree is required.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
- Has frequent contact with customers, coworkers, and production control in the exchange of information and data gathering procedures.
- Tact, courtesy and professional etiquette are required to maintain positive working relationships.
- Has access to the company's cost information, customers, production volume and expenditures.
- Information should not be disclosed other than to authorized personnel.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCURACY:
- Deals with exact and precise figures/data.
- This position provides quote data to management upon which operational or financial decisions could be based and undetected errors could have minor or significant effect.
- Most work is reviewed at various stages in the accounting procedures.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Close mental concentration and attention to detail are required for sustained periods of time.
- Subject to frequent interruptions requiring varied responses.
- Sitting, reaching, bending and manual dexterity and visual acuity, speaking and hearing are required.
RESOURCEFULNESS & INITIATIVE:
- Follows well defined procedures and guidelines in job duties.
- Has freedom to establish priorities in problem solving with initiative to resolve inconsistencies or errors and to maintain accuracy of the work.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is performed in a normal office environment with occasional exposure to a plant environment associated with steel fabrication.
- Hard hat, eye, ear and foot protection is required in the plant.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. AST reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place