Quality Assurance Technician
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
The associate selected for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Should posses an understanding of quality concepts.
- Must have the ability to interpret blueprints, knowledge of metric measurements and knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills (Root Cause Analysis, 5P, 8D) are needed.
- Working knowledge of measuring instruments such as calipers, indicators, and internal micrometers are also required.
- A background in manufacturing with metals, and the ability to understand manufacturing documents such as process flow charts, Control Plans (PQCT), FMEA's, and other quality related documents are required.
- Must have minimum computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Documents inspection results, maintains records and prepares reports.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work with customers and suppliers for product resolution.
- May perform source inspection (travel) at vendor sites.
- May assist in training of other Quality Associates.
- Perform QA audits as needed.
- This position will develop into a full tech position in a year, once Jr. Tech requirements have been satisfied.
High school diploma/GED required. Relevant training beyond HS is a plus
- Has no concern with short notice overtime.
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
- Must have minimum computer skills in Excel
- Must pass required physical demands examination and drug screen.
- Basic knowledge of QA processes.