Special Events Coordinator
About Berry College:
Located on more than 27,000 acres in northwest Georgia in a setting of great natural beauty, Berry College has an enrollment of about 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students. The college is located in Rome, Georgia, 75 miles northwest of Atlanta and 75 miles south of Chattanooga, Tennessee. As a comprehensive liberal-arts college with a distinctive mission and purpose, Berry unites a challenging academic program with practical work experience in a context that nurtures spiritual and moral growth, including significant service to others.
We seek faculty who are committed to excellence as teachers-scholars-mentors and staff who are also committed to serving as mentors and supervisors for students who work on campus. Although not required, more than 90 percent of our students participate in our premier student work program. Employee benefits are competitive.
College/Department: Hospitality and Event Services
Berry College invites applications for the position of Special Events Coordinator. Berry is a selective comprehensive liberal arts college located on a stunning 27,000-acre campus just north of Rome, Ga., midway between Atlanta, Ga., and Chattanooga, Tenn.
For more than a century, Berry College has emphasized the importance of a comprehensive and balanced education that unites a challenging academic program with opportunities for practical work experience. The College's residential community cultivates moral and spiritual growth with an emphasis on serving the needs of others. This commitment to applied learning - expressed as an "education of the head, heart and hands" - remains as relevant today as when the institution was found more than a century ago. Nationally recognized for quality of learning and quality of life, Berry College is an independent, coeducational college of approximately 2,100 students. The College offers first-rate undergraduate degree programs in the sciences, humanities, arts and human sciences, as well as undergraduate and master's level opportunities in business and teacher education. The College's ongoing mission is to make an exceptional private liberal arts education accessible to talented students from a wide range of social and economic backgrounds.
The Special Events Coordinator serves as the primary staff member responsible for planning and coordinating weddings, receptions and other major campus events.
- Liaison for all weddings in campus chapels, Ford Dining Hall and wedding/receptions at Christopher Browning Pavilion at Oak Hill.
- Event coordinator for major campus events, including the Shatto Lecture and Scholarship Night
- Create formal and informal marketing materials to promote Berry as a wedding and event destination
- Hire, coordinate, train, mentor, support and supervise student teams. Student teams include campus scheduling office and special events staff
- Facility management of College Chapel, Frost Chapel, Barnwell Chapel, Ford Dining Hall and the Christopher Browning Pavilion to ensure that all spaces are well maintained and set-up appropriately for special events
- Work with vendors and internal departments to coordinate set-up, catering, and other logistical needs for events
- Assist with department or other campus events as needed
A Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 1-3 years of event planning experience. Experience in wedding coordination is preferred. The ideal candidate should possess a thorough understanding of event and wedding planning and the ability to develop and maintain professional and collaborative relationships with clients both internal and external to the college. Candidates must have excellent customer service, time management and communication skills. This position requires a team oriented, self-motivated individual who is comfortable taking on many tasks and juggling multiple events simultaneously.
Applicants should electronically submit a letter of application, resume, and the contact information for three professional references through this link. The job is open until filled. For ADA Accommodations please contact our ADA Coordinator at 706-233-4062.