H3001, MAINTENANCE LABOR WORKER (MLW):
Pay grade YMW
Salary Details: The starting salary of this position is $12.55 per hour.
· Earn a competitive hourly rate while obtaining your CDL; on-the-job training is provided.
· 40-hour work week, direct deposit, and Health Insurance benefit options upon hire.
· On the job training under a Maintenance Skills Development (MSD) program
o Our in-house program covers a diverse range of job-related policies and on-the-job training activities, all with the goal of enhancing skills to better equip and better train maintenance employees, and to promote career development.
o How will the MSDP help you?
§ Develop and enhance maintenance and equipment operation skills
§ Upgrade existing skills to allow for more career opportunities for advancement at GDOT
§ Provide necessary training on safety, technical and other internal policies; and
§ Ensure employees have the skills necessary to perform their jobs effectively
Multiple positions available statewide
This is a temporary position with the opportunity of becoming permanent within 60 days or less.
Duties & Responsibilities: Under close supervision, learn to assist in a variety of transportation maintenance services. Trains in an area of emphasis within the area of assignment (i.e., Routine Maintenance, Maintenance Areawide, Special Outfits, or Mechanic Shop). Employees will receive additional training to gain full proficiency in job responsibilities. May be subject to work during weather emergencies outside of normal business hours and outside assigned work locations (i.e. Emergency Response in another District).
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications.
Agency Specific Qualifications
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must possess high school diploma or GED
· Possession of a valid driver’s license
· Demonstrated training and/or experience to perform essential job functions in maintenance of roadway activities
· Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
· Ability to lift moderately heavy objects, bend, climb, stand, or walk for long periods of time; possess accurate eye-hand coordination
· Ability to adapt to changing situations with work plans and work schedules due to workload or season
· Display a high standard of work ethic and commitment toward work
· Experience performing various roadway/highway maintenance activities (e.g., roadway, concrete, bridge, asphalt, and/or signage)
· Experience operating heavy equipment
· Experience in traffic control and flagger related duties
· Possession of a Commercial Driver’s License (Class B minimum)
· Possession of Hazmat and/or Tanker endorsements
· Ability to work in all weather conditions; lift moderately heavy objects; possess accurate eye-hand coordination; bend, lift, climb, stand, or walk for long periods of time; exert oneself physically over time; adapt to changing situations and work plans especially changes in work schedules due to workload or season; and display a high standard of work ethic and commitment toward work.
· This advertisement is for multiple positions.
This is an unclassified position.
Selected applicants will undergo a criminal background, reference check and a pre-employment drug screening.
· Please include all relevant job information on resume/application for consideration.
There are multiple positions available statewide. Indicate what District and Counties on your application.
District 1-Gainesville, Athens, Carnesville and Cleveland
District 2- Tennille, Milledgeville, Dublin, Louisville, Augusta, Madison
District 3- Thomaston, Columbus, Perry, Macon, LaGrange
District 4- Tifton, Valdosta, Douglas, Fitzgerald, Moultrie, Albany, Cuthbert, Donalsonville, Lenox
District 5- Jessup, Baxley, Waycross, Brunswick, Statesboro, Savannah
District 6- Cartersville, Dalton, Buchanan, Rome
District 7-Metro Atlanta- Chamblee, Marietta, College Park
For more information on counties and their respective Districts, please see GDOT Link: http://www.dot.ga.gov/AboutGDOT/Districts
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.55 per hour
- What Georgia counties would be willing to work in and be considered for?
- Are you a current State of Georgia employee? (Yes or No)
- Have you been dismissed from any State of Georgia government position? (Yes or No)
- Are you at least 18 years of age or older? (Yes or No)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
Work Location: Multiple Locations