Database and IT Specialist, Advancement Services
ABOUT BERRY COLLEGE:
Located on more than 27,000 acres in northwest Georgia in a setting of great natural beauty, Berry College has an enrollment of about 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students. The college is located in Rome, Georgia, 75 miles northwest of Atlanta and 75 miles south of Chattanooga, Tennessee. As a comprehensive liberal-arts college with a distinctive mission and purpose, Berry unites a challenging academic program with practical work experience in a context that nurtures spiritual and moral growth, including significant service to others.
We seek faculty who are committed to excellence as teachers-scholars-mentors and staff who are also committed to serving as mentors and supervisors for students who work on campus. Although not required, more than 90 percent of our students participate in our premier student work program. Employee benefits are competitive.
The Database and IT Specialist is responsible for the management of our database of 30,000+ alumni, donors, and friends. Reporting to the Director of Advancement Marketing Operations and Services, the Database and IT Specialist maintains data cleanliness, ensures best practices are followed, creates timely and accurate reports, and is responsible for executing the day-to-day support and maintenance of Salesforce for our department.
As we are migrating from one database (Jenzabar) to another (Salesforce), we are looking for someone to take on the role of in-house Salesforce expert to support the transition, serve as our contact person with our Salesforce support team, and provide troubleshooting and training for the department.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and communications skill and a good understanding of database management. This position will work collaboratively with the entire Advancement department to help drive institutional fundraising and engagement goals.
The work environment of the job is a private office in a building also used by campus and outside guests.
The physical demands of the job include sitting and standing in a typical office environment.
- Handle all basic department needs within Salesforce, including management of Salesforce data feeds, data cleanup, and other routine tasks
- Support department goals through creation of custom reports, dashboards, and more within Salesforce
- Troubleshoot and promptly provide end-user support for Advancement colleagues
- Develop and lead both department-wide and one-on-one training
- Supervise team of 3-5 student workers to assist in data cleanup
- Enter gifts and ensure all automated gifts are attributed correctly
- Create accurate lists to support promotional and stewardship communications
- Ensure best practices are applied in day-to-day management of database
4+ years of database management or comparable experience, with at least 2 managing Salesforce
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption of a new platform
- Experience developing and leading technical training for a team with varying technical abilities
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in higher education
- Familiarity with fundraising within higher ed
- Experience with Jenzabar EX or Jenzabar One or similar higher ed student information system
- Familiarity with Power BI
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, and the contact information for three professional references here.