A ReStore Associate is responsible for a variety of duties (including running the register, pricing and displaying merchandise, maintaining a safe and clean environment, leading volunteers, driving the truck (if needed), loading and unloading donations and purchases) for the purpose of creating and maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer, and shopper experience in the ReStore.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
Time Requirements: Part-time, 20 hours per week, hourly (non-exempt)
Permits and Licenses: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer or donor, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist staff in maintaining safe, clean, and adequate work equipment.
- Lead volunteers and provide them with a positive volunteer experience.
- Safely load and unload (often heavy) donations and purchases.
- Safely drive a 15’ box truck for the purpose of picking up donations.
- Any other tasks as assigned by manager.