SouthEastern Pathology (SEP) is a pathologist-owned laboratory in Rome, GA. We've served Northwest Georgia for over 40 years and have earned a wonderful reputation throughout the community. Our group of 6 pathologists is seeking an ASCP certified Pathologists' Assistant to join our team.
Workload: We have a workload that includes a specimen breakdown of 25% GI biopsies, 25% Dermatology biopsies, 25% large complex cases, and 25% miscellaneous. We see only a few autopsies per year.
- Great communication skills
- Team player mentality
- Able to handle complex specimens
- ASCP certified
- Basic functions of the position:
- Gross description and dissection of tissues removed at surgery, including selection and submission of sections for histological and other specialized testing.
- Summarization of patient medical history.
- Performance of post-mortem examination with subsequent dissection and dictation of data.
SouthEastern Pathology offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), paid time off, health insurance package, and 401k plan.
How to Apply / Contact
Please fill out an application and send an updated resume to email@example.com and if you have any particular questions about the position, please don't hesitate to reach out to Caleb Babington, 706-314-0141.