Medical Laboratory Technician
Monday - Friday: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Specialty/Department: Molecular DepartmentJOB SUMMARY:
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) who is responsible for day-to-day specimen processing, analysis and results reporting of our busy molecular department. This department is centered around Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Trichomonas, and SARS-COV 2 testing. The person in this position performs the standard duties of a Medical Laboratory Technician with assistance from our cytology, molecular, and laboratory managers.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Receive and process specimens according to Molecular department protocols.
- Assists the Supervisor, Manager and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies maintaining inventory.
- Produces, interprets, and reports accurate and precise test results.
- Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
- Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager, or another appropriate individual.
- Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
- Addresses client concerns.
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
- Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
- Interpersonal communication skills required.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree
- National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Clinical Laboratory Specialist as a Medical Lab Technician (MLT).
- Must hold a valid Georgia Medical Laboratory Technician License.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
- One-year job-related experience preferred.
Please fill out an application and send an updated resume to email@example.com.