SouthEastern Pathology, located in Rome, Georgia, is an independent medical laboratory seeking an ASCP-registered, experienced bench tech for our busy histology department. We are a team-oriented, fast-paced department of 4 histotechs and 4+ aides. Responsibilities and abilities for this M-F, 1 AM-9AM shift position include:
- Daily participation in, and oversight of, routine histology bench functions – embedding, microtomy, staining, cover slipping, case assembly/distribution and archiving.
- Assistance in CAP, CLIA and State of Georgia, HIPAA, safety, and OSHA regulatory requirements including departmental policy and procedure maintenance and record keeping.
- Supplies and inventory maintenance with invoice verification.
- Troubleshoot and correct suboptimal performance when necessary
- Assorted clerical tasks utilizing Microsoft Office Word/Excel programs and LIS user interface.
- Co-ordinate with pathologists and other team members.
- Demonstration of clear communication skills.
- Physical requirements essential to the job include: standing, walking, sitting, good hand dexterity, climbing stairs, balance, stooping, kneeling, crouching, speaking, hearing and intact sense of smell. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds is required. Visual acuity and normal color perception is required.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19