EMT-R (CERTIFICATION TRAINING AVAILABLE)
***Now accepting applications for EMT-R student candidates for our next EMR class!***
Emergency Medical Responder (EMT-R)The EMT-R or EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) supports EMT and Paramedic personnel as they provide excellent customer service and assist in patient care in both emergency and non-emergency environments. EMT-R functions include ambulance driving, recording and receiving of required documentation and patient property, and performing CPR, as required. EMT-Rs are expected to follow all policies and procedures concerning HIPAA and Amtran Medical Transport’s standard operating procedures.
Training will be provided to applicants seeking employment for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to all calls for service dispatched from the Amtran communications center as directed.
- Escorts EMTs/Paramedics and patients safely to and/or from appointments, as required, according to company policy and procedure.
- Provides and assists in care of patients in accordance with company policy, company medical director protocols, and state and federal requirements for EMT-Rs.
- Assists in cleaning and checking ambulance and all equipment daily; reports any deficiencies immediately to the shift supervisor or Director of Operations.
- Prepares and completes appropriate reports including exposure reports, incident reports, daily, weekly, and monthly unit check offs.
- Ensures unit and crewmembers adhere to Amtran policies, procedures, guidelines, directives, and standards; reports any deficiencies to the shift supervisor or Director of Operations.
- Ensures vehicle placed in-service comply with required laws, rules license, and regulations as outlined by the State of Georgia and other authorized agencies.
- Attends work and mandatory meetings promptly and regularly.
- Maintains a state of readiness and professionalism while on-duty.
- Maintains a professional appearance and conduct while in company uniform either on or off duty.
- Attends training classes to maintain certification licensure, keep abreast of new developments in the field, or maintain existing knowledge.
- Performs other such duties as may be required.
- Self-starter; Willing to learn and understand medical terminology.
- Excellent driving history; Ability to read and interpret local maps.
- Ability to learn techniques for providing on-site emergency medical services.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow medical protocols and company procedure.
- Demonstrated skills in the successful completion of multiple, simultaneous, and rapidly emergent tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions regarding patient care, Amtran operations and other customer service issues.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize personal computer systems including PCR reporting, email, and MDT applications.
- Demonstrated ability to represent Amtran and other team members as an EMS professional.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Current State of Georgia Driver’s License.
- Successful completion of EMT-R training and practicums (provided during training).
- Successful completion of background, MVR, and drug screening.
Amtran Medical Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are subject to a drug screen and background check.