As the Communications/Marketing Intern at the Rome Floyd Chamber you will play an integral role in the Chamber’s business development and member communication.
The Chamber’s Internship program, participants also have the opportunity to attend seminars, workshops, meetings and events with speakers and topic relatable to career interest.
As the Communications/Marketing Intern you will report to the President/CEO and the Communications Coordinator. There are many opportunities as an intern to learn and develop a wide range of skills through this position, and duties are not limited to or constrained by the activities listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning and staffing events
- Research and stay well-informed on existing and emerging communications avenues. Keep the staff up to date on any new media or multimedia that might help other departments
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that the Chamber brand and messaging is consistent and accurate.
- Communication with Chamber Members
- Help to create and distribute social media content and marketing materials
- Work with staff and committees to write, edit, design, and disseminate Chamber studies and surveys.
- Develop Testimonials
- Write various articles for internal and external sources as needed.
- Assist with office communications and mailing
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education: Must be a college junior or senior who is majoring in either Communications, Marketing, Events Management or Public Relations.
- Experience with social media channels, specifically LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Demonstrated oral communication, public speaking and strong writing skills.
- Public relations and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Must have reliable transportation
- Willingness to learn new processes
- Valid driver’s license is required
The schedule for the Communications Intern can be flexible and based around the particular intern’s school schedule, but interns must be willing to commit to at least 15 hours a week. This is an unpaid internship, but the internship will offer valuable work experience, the opportunity to grow their network of references and meet a variety of business leaders in our community.
All resumes must be sent via email to Ms. Amber West, Communications Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 2, 2019.