3rd Shift Production Maintenance Technician
Summary: The roles and responsibilities of the PM maintenance technician are to ensure machinery, production equipment and facility equipment is maintained and/or repaired so it can safely be used at NRI.
- Diagnose machine/equipment malfunctions and operating difficulties and determined needed repairs (Root Cause)
- Institute countermeasures to eliminate machine/equipment downtime.
- work with suppliers to effect repairs which are beyond in-house capabilities
- Rebuild machines and overhaul components
- Perform operations such as fitting, alignments, and adjusting of feeding and limit mechanisms
- Create and conduct machine/equipment preventative maintenance activities; complete PM activities within required schedule
- Complete requested work orders as assigned and on schedule
- Work in a safe manner utilizing LOTO and Safe Electrical Work Practices
- Support all programs and/or certifications obtained by NRI (i.e.: J-Sox, TS16949, and ISO14001)
- Complete all required training as directed by Supervisor or company requirements
- Assist facility duties as needed
- Maintain and service HVAC
- Maintain and service cranes, compressors, chillers, and air dryers
- Identify and address safety concerns
- Adjust process on injection machines to ensure quality parts per customer requirements
- Experience with electronics, robotics, programmable controllers, and calibration equipment
- High school, GED, Technical training or work related experience
- Organized and detailed with assigned duties
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work overtime and weekends
- Experience with preventative maintenance programs
- Excellent attendance record
Environment: Plant associates are exposed to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, solvents, electrical energy, toxic materials, hazardous chemicals and all types of weather and temperature conditions; work in confined spaces; work and /or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform moderate to heavy lifting; standing and walking for prolonged periods of time; climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and operating motorized equipment.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents and to operate equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Job is third shift
Employment is dependent on successful background check and drug screening
* The hours for this role are Full-time, Permanent
* Leave benefits include Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off and Medical
* Retirement benefits include 401K
* Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Life, Disability, Health savings, Vision and Domestic Partner Coverage