3rd Shift Maintenance Technician
Neaton Rome, Inc. – Maintenance Tech, 3rd Shift
PRIMARY ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION: Ensure machinery, production equipment and facility equipment is maintained and/or repaired so it can safely be used at NRI
- Diagnose machine/equipment malfunctions and operating difficulties and determine needed repairs (Root Cause)
- Work with suppliers to effect repairs which are beyond in-house capabilities
- Rebuild machines and overhaul components
- Perform operations such as fitting, alignments, and adjusting of feeding and limit mechanisms.
- Create and conduct machine/equipment preventative maintenance activities
- Complete various requested work orders as assigned
- Work in a safe manner utilizing LOTO and Safe Electrical Work Practices
- Support all programs and /or certifications obtained by Neaton (I,e,;J-Sox, TS16949, and ISO 14001)
- Complete all required training
- Assist with facility duties as needed
- Maintain and Service HVAC
- Maintain and Service Cranes, Compressors, Chillers and Air Dryers
- Identify and address safety concerns
- Comply with ALL hazardous waste management responsibilities
- Support ALL international standard certifications obtained by the company, including meeting customer requirements, delivering intended process outputs, identifying and communicating opportunities for improvement and following all document control program requirements.
- Ensure all customer requirement assignments are documented
- Ensure production is producing conforming product, if non-conforming product is identified production shall be stopped and /or shipment shall be stopped.
- Ensure customer requirements are fully achieved
- Ensure corrective actions are imitated following the identification of all non-conforming product
- Responsible for conforming to the IATF 16949, ISO 2001:2015 standards, and meeting customers.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to work at elevated heights
- Must be able to work with and around a variety of chemicals
- EQUIPMENT USAGE
- Various Metal and Wood Cutting Saws
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Metal Brakes
- Injection Molding Machines, Vacuum Formers, Die Cast Machine, Robots, Etc.
- Various hand and power tools
- Volt-Ohm Meter
- Computers (Microsoft Office)
- MENTAL/COGNITIVE DEMANDS
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of injection molding machines
- Knowledge of robotics
- Knowledge of electronics, programmable controllers, and calibration equipment
- Basic fabrication skills
- Equipment troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, and holidays
- High mechanical acumen
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize activities
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Team oriented
- Knowledge of all safety related procedures associated with Maintenance activities
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate favorable pricing with vendors/suppliers
- Displays a strong sense of urgency
- Must successfully complete hazardous waste training within six months after the date of employment or assignment to the facility, or to a new position at the facility, whichever is later.
- Must take part in an annual review of the initial hazardous waste training.
- Working experience in all phases of injection, assembly, and die casting equipment
- Experience with electronics, robotics, programmable controllers, and calibration equipment
- Experience with preventative maintenance programs
- Excellent attendance record
- High School diploma, GED, or high school equivalent.
- Associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology plus one to three years of experience OR
- Five to seven years’ experience in a related field
Environment: Plant associates are exposed to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, solvents, electrical energy, toxic materials, hazardous chemicals and all types of weather and temperature conditions; work in confined spaces; work and /or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform moderate to heavy lifting; standing and walking for prolonged periods of time; climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and operating motorized equipment.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents and to operate equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Job is third shift
Employment is dependent on successful background check and drug screening
* The hours for this role are Full-time, Permanent
* Leave benefits include Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off and Medical
* Retirement benefits include 401K
* Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Life, Disability, Health savings, Vision and Domestic Partner Coverage