VT Industries, Inc. in Rome, GA is seeking a career minded 2nd SHIFT - SHIFT MANAGER for our Rome, GA facility. We use highly automated processes for manufacturing our quality products. We are looking for a strong Supervisor familiar with shop floor managing principles and technique including team building, workplace organization, lean manufacturing principles and standard operating procedures to supervise our manufacturing processes and exceed our customers’ expectations by delivering high quality products to our customer. This position has the following responsibilities and position requirements:
- Monitor daily/weekly production schedules and targets. Issue work assignments and conduct stand-up meetings.
- Evaluate employee and process performance and complete timely appraisals.
- Assist in maintaining employee records.
- Follow and embrace standard work and process control practices to include quality assurance/control sampling.
- Promote a safe and healthful work environment and embrace continuous improvement initiatives to include 5S.
- Cooperate with Maintenance Department to drive preventative maintenance activities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience
- Previous manufacturing/production experience with proven performance
- Able to demonstrate leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to analyze and improve methods and processes in real time
- Ability to utilize tape measures, scales, gauges and other measurement devices
- Ability to interpret production orders, blue prints and other literature
- Basic computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an industrial fork lift license
- Customer and Quality Focused
- Experience with production automation
- Problem solving skills
- Action-Oriented and Results-Driven
- Basic familiarity with Lean and/or Six Sigma
- Basic familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health Standards
- Work overtime as required
- Able to stand and walk for up to eight hours and able to lift up to 75 pounds infrequently
- Able to visually differentiate colors and finishes
- Great Leader and dedicated to personnel growth