1st Shift Facility Maintenance Technician
Responsibilities:(Position Overview) Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (Carpentry; electrical; heating ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); pluming, etc.); Perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check sheet, weekly and monthly.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand power and specialty tools.
- Maintain the lift truck chargers, batteries and battery station area.
- Monthly PMs to the HVACs including coil cleaning and troubleshooting the HVAC system when needed.
- Support divisions within Maintenance
- Assist fabrication with projects, when needed
- Assist PM Maintenance with duties, when needed
- Assist Maintenance Technicians, when needed
- Assist Production needs.
- Assist in Kaizen activities
- Collect data as required by the Supervisor
- Adhere to all ISO 9001: 2000/TS16949 requirements
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with production and other related departments
- Any other duties assigned by Maintenance Supervisor
- Understanding of production planning
- Understanding of machine and injection molds
- Understand all related safety requirements, safety training up to date
- Possess working knowledge of machines, molds, and equipment
- Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Ability to perform material change/setup
- Maintain required material change tools
- Possess required certificates
- Understanding of part quality
- Understands part quality requirements and can perform start up and 1st article checks based on Key Point Check Sheet
- Report non-conforming parts/process to the Processor Supervisor
- Understanding of the Kaizen process
- High School, GED, Technical Training or work-related experience
- Must acquire lift truck certification during the probation period
- Organized and detailed with assigned duties
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work overtime and weekends
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The condition herein is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Plant associates are exposed to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, solvents, electrical energy, toxic materials, hazardous chemicals and all types of weather and temperature conditions; work in confined spaces; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform moderate to heavy lifting; standing and walking for prolonged periods of time; climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and operating motorized equipment.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents and to operate equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Employment is dependent on successful background check and drug screening
* The hours for this role are Full-time, Permanent
* Leave benefits include Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off and Medical
* Retirement benefits include 401K
* Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Life, Disability, Health savings, Vision and Domestic Partner Coverage