Part Time Library Assistant
POSITION: Library Assistant / Public Services/ Part time (17 hours per week)
DEPARTMENT: Public Services, Rome-Floyd County Library
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible checking items in and out, shelving items, directing patrons to the various areas of the library as to fit their needs, assisting them to log on to public computers.
- Provide services to patrons at the Public Services desks by checking materials in, out, placing holds, answering general reference questions, issuing new cards, responding to telephone inquiries, and resolving problems.
- Assists patrons with locating materials.
- Assist patrons with basic computer and research needs.
- Resolve patrons’ questions and complaints.
- Perform monetary transactions for fines and fees.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to follow directions accurately.
- Knowledge of Google and Microsoft products.
- Familiarity with electronic materials and the devices used to access them.
This position requires intermittent standing, sitting, walking, reaching, bending or crouching. The employee must frequently lift light objects; occasionally life heavy objects climb ladders, use tools requiring manual dexterity, and distinguish between shades of colors.
High School or GED equivalent with library experience preferable.