Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure. Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software. Monitors the performance of systems. Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area preferred. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision and reports to a Team Lead. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Essential Job Functions
Job functions may include but will not be limited to the following.
- Works with entire Information Technology Services department to ensure day to day break fix items are completed.
- Receives and performs work order tickets from the service desk staff and/or supervisor.
- Performs repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting efforts for network and telephone, hardware and software issues.
- Answers phone calls, emails, and other inquiries.
- Creates, maintains, and follows documentation and templates to ensure a uniform service.
- Creates goals and objectives for related filed(s) to be approved by supervisor or manager.
- Is responsible for all servers, data centers, backup systems, storage area environment, and server related systems.
- Determines and deploys active monitoring system deployments.
- Develops proactive strategies to create best possible uptime environments.
- Works with supervision to determine annual projects and budgets for related fields.
- Designs, develops, and maintains inventories for all server and server related devices.
- Applies experience and knowledge to create and maintain multiple systems.
- Ensures all issues are reported, tracked, and completed within a ticket/work order based system.
- Provides excellent troubleshooting skills with the majority of technology systems.
- Works with heads of Information Technology Services fields to ensure support and awareness of.
- Communicates to all parties in a clear and understandable manner.
- Is friendly and pleasant when dealing with others.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all areas of responsibility and shares knowledge appropriately.
- Exhibits effective problem solving techniques and looks for opportunities to contribute to the improvement process.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude in all situations.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- May be cross trained to perform job functions as staffing needs dictate.
- Understands and practices concepts of Need-to-know restrictions and only accesses systems, server rooms, information, and/or data for a legitimate need basis.
- Meets deadlines for objectives as given by supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty preferred.
- Certifications in Microsoft, Citrix, VMware and others will be reviewed.
- Education may be substituted for experience.
- Additional 4-6 years in Information Technology related field troubleshooting application issues, supporting networking, telephony, security, service desk, servers, desktops, or mobile devices preferred.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
- Experience deploying and maintaining Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Required.
We are 1,300 professionals, each one All In to care completely for the people of Northwest Georgia. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a mostly Monday to Friday schedule, and a generous uniform allowance, along with the unique opportunity to learn and grow across more than 40 different medical specialties and services. Harbin Clinic seeks talented, invested individuals to become part of our healthcare team. Join us as we work to see our communities flourish!
If you are interested in applying to this position, please submit an application here.