Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure. Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software. Monitors the performance of systems. Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Requires an associate’s degree in area of specialty. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Essential Job Functions
Job functions may include but will not be limited to the following.
• Works with entire Information Technology Services department to ensure day to day break fix items are completed.
• Receives and performs work order tickets from the service desk staff and/or supervisor.
• Performs repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting efforts for network and telephony, hardware and software issues.
• Answers phone calls, emails, and other inquiries.
• Creates, maintains, and follows documentation and templates to ensure a uniform service.
• Follows and suggests goals and objectives for related filed(s) to be approved by supervisor or manager.
• Is responsible for all servers, datacenters, backup systems, storage area environment, and server related systems.
• Plans and deploys upgrades to servers and server related systems.
• Determines and deploys active monitoring system deployments.
• Assists in proactive strategies to create best possible uptime environments.
• Maintains inventories for all server and server related devices.
• Ensures all issues are reported, tracked, and completed within a ticket/work order based system.
• Provides excellent troubleshooting skills with the majority of technology systems.
• Communicates to all parties in a clear and understandable manner.
• Is friendly and pleasant when dealing with others.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all areas of responsibility and shares knowledge appropriately.
• Exhibits effective problem solving techniques and looks for opportunities to contribute to the improvement process.
• Maintains a positive and professional attitude in all situations.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality.
• May be cross trained to perform job functions as staffing needs dictate.
• Understands and practices concepts of Need-to-know restrictions and only accesses systems, server rooms, information, and/or data for a legitimate need basis.
• Meets deadlines for objectives as given by supervision.
• Performs other duties as assigned.