Human Resources Manager
What will you be responsible for:
- Provides administration and supervision of the plant human resources function as directed.
- Drives employee development and performance management
- Provides and maintains plant Human Resources policies and procedures in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines.
- Administers wage, salary, and benefit programs in the plant in accordance with group and corporate policies.
- Ensures plant staffing needs are met by managing the succession planning, recruiting, selection and placement of candidates for plant positions.
- Ensures all pre-employment requirements such as interviews, physical examinations (post offer), drug tests, background checks, and reference checks are completed in a timely manner.
- Provides and maintains employment practices and procedures in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines and in compliance with governmental regulations and laws in regard to fair employment practices, EEOC, ADA, Civil Rights Act, and Affirmative Action Plans.
- Coordinates training programs and tracks results.
- Provides and maintains plant personnel functions and records including promotions, merit reviews, disciplinary actions, and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Provides and maintains effective new employee plant orientation programs.
- Establishes and develops programs in all areas of employee relations in order to maintain a climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference, if applicable.
- Identifies, develops and implements Human Resource processes to ensure operational effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Effectively communicates with federal, state, and local authorities as required.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Performs actions necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, and motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree (preferred)
- SHRM certification highly desirable.
- LEAN or Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Experience in high-speed manufacturing, or a plant setting preferred.
- Job related experience in Human Resources Management for 2 year(s) minimum
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant human resources techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Strong facilitation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities services.
- Solid MS Office skills and HRIS experience.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: employee relations, H.R. management, industrial relations, business practices, H.R. legal practices, Labor Relations (if applicable) and generally accepted managerial practices and procedures.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans