cope of Position: The Manager of Housekeeping leads the Housekeeping and Laundry operations for WinShape Foundation. Responsibilities include maintaining standards of cleanliness and the overall appearance of guest rooms, offices and public areas and laundry facility and ensures the professionalism, excellence, and engagement of the department.
Reports to: Senior Manager of Guest Services
- Creates and maintains a safe and well stewarded environment that values people while achieving results delivered with excellence.
- Manages all operations associated with Housekeeping and Laundry, including supervising all team members
- Ensures overall quality standards are achieved by all team members including periodic inspections of guest rooms and public areas to check that all areas are cleaned to standard
- Supports in development and implementation of training programs for all areas of Housekeeping and Laundry
- Ensures adequate par levels of operating supplies including cleaning supplies, linens and towels, and guest amenities
- Operates systems daily. including property management (PMS), hotel management (e.g. Knowcross), and other support systems as necessary, including providing accurate information on room statuses and reporting on progress of team members for training and coaching opportunities
- Mentors and counsels staff to maintain peak performance levels and follow WSF practices and policies
- Ensures the proper use and storage of various cleaning chemicals and products
- Keeps current on techniques and cleaning methods to ensure cleanliness of the property
- Performs other duties as defined by the Leadership of Guest Services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience and guest services experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook Word, and Excel and/or knowledge of a property management system (e.g. Maestro)
- Commitment to being present at appropriate times to work - 40/45 hours weekly, all shifts all days
- Ability to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, including limited public speaking
- Exhibit the following competencies: dependability, team player, job knowledge, initiative, problem solving, communication, project organization/management, conflict resolution, leadership, and delegation
- Commitment to the WinShape Retreat vision and core values
FLSA Status: Regular Full-Time, Exempt