Norwest Georgia Regional Cancer Coalition
111 Bridgepoint Plaza, Suite 120
Rome, GA 30161
The Screening Coordinator/Navigator will coordinate communication among community health partners, process referrals, and navigate patients through the screening process. The focus of the screening program is prevention, early detection, and navigation to treatment and resources of colorectal, cervical, breast, prostate, and lung cancer. The Screening Coordinator/Navigator is a pivotal role that will provide education and guidance to some of the region’s most vulnerable populations, helping clients to prevent cancer, overcome barriers and screen for cancer, and gain access to quality cancer treatment. This position will report to the President/CEO and work with the Northwest Georgia Regional Cancer Coalition team.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in relevant field or relevant work experience
equivalent. (health education, social work, care management, etc.)
• 1-2 years of experience
• Spanish bi-lingual/multilingual ability preferred
• Interest in and knowledge of community health care and primary care
• Ability to work collaboratively with providers, staff and external organizations
• Strong communication skills with diverse populations
• Solid relationship-building and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent coordination skills, including multitasking and priority setting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• High degree of independence, flexibility, initiative, and commitment
• Demonstrated awareness and value of cultural competence
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage with regional healthcare providers to promote the screening fund and
recruit/refer patients for screening assistance.
• Collaborate with partner organizations to develop programs, and/or materials to educate
consumers and increase screening rates across the region.
• Facilitate and schedule patient appointments/referrals with appropriate provider(s)
for cancer screening, diagnostics, and navigation to treatment resources
• Make confirmation calls/emails to patients regarding future appointment dates.
• Respond to patient inquiries, and assist patients with the completion of paperwork.
• Educate patients on care processes and provide counsel to reduce anxiety and fear.
• Develop relationships with health care providers, screening partners, and outside
• Support partner quality improvement efforts regarding cancer screening and referrals.
• Identify patient barriers to care such as transportation, insurance, and language
barriers, and support or refer patients as needed to additional resources to ensure
engagement in care.
• Track appropriate patient-level quality outcomes for program monitoring and
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures, which include Joint
Commission (JC) standards, Patient Safety initiatives, Patient Rights, and Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy standards.
• Attend cancer committee and advisory meetings to support overall program
implementation and evaluation.
• Attend trainings and learning opportunities that expand content knowledge and best
Salary Range: $35K - $38k commensurate with education and experience. Additionally the
NWGRCC provides a comprehensive package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, and leave benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to Erin Hernandez at email@example.com