Orthotic and Prosthetic Technician
Full-time position in Rome, GA, with or without previous experience in the field of Orthotics and Prosthetics
Job Summary The technician fabricates, adjusts, and repairs orthotic and prosthetic devices in support
of and under the supervision of the prosthetist/orthotist.
Education – High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience - The ideal candidate will have experience as an O&P technician, however we will consider
training someone without experience in this field. If you have experience working with
your hands in a mechanical setting such as carpentry, automotive, etc., you may be a great
candidate for this position.
- Good mechanical skills and desire to work with laboratory tools effectively.
- Experience in working with plaster in making molds is helpful.
- Ability to organize and management your time effectively to provide products on a timely basis.
- The candidate should be able to work independently to finish work for ongoing patient appointments
- Ability to work well with coworkers in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and patients.
- “Team Player”
- Good problem solving and analytical skills to determine remedies for improving fit of a device.
- Positive, “can do” attitude with the desire to provide the best care for each patient.
- Perform fabrication and repair of orthotic devices and prosthetic limbs.
- Work with prosthetist/orthotist in making adjustments to devices as needed.
- Perform fabrication of orthotic shoe inserts.
- Some minor “on call” work may be required for additional compensation
- Perform ordering and receiving and other inventory tasks as assigned.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- The technician will need to attend training at times to stay abreast of new fabrication techniques and materials.
· Very competitive salary
· Paid time off
· Continuing education allowance
· Eight paid holidays per year
· 401 (k) plan