Medical Office Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: Northwest Georgia Dermatology is currently seeking medical assistants for our clinic in Rome, Georgia. Our medical assistants provide compassionate and excellent patient care by performing courteous, efficient, and accurate service. They will assist our providers in the delivery of dermatology care to our patients by performing a variety of duties related to patients’ intake, assessment, and treatment. Our office offers dermatology care provided by one full time Physician, 2 Physician Assistants, and 1 Nurse Practitioner.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and medical practice to assist in giving patient care.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously deal with telephone calls, patients and families, clients, coworkers, clinical staff and physicians.
- Drive, enthusiasm and a commitment to learning and growing within the role.
- Organizational and analytical skills necessary to maintain efficient workflow.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail in all facets of the position.
- Ability to adjust responsibilities to accommodate a fast-paced work environment while maintaining excellent customer service and staff interactions.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in high pressure situations.
- Reliable and accountable for personal actions, positive action upon feedback from others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate and problem solve with the best interest of the patient as a priority.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday Hours: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Lunch 12:00 PM to 1:15 PM
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a medical office preferred
- Registered or certified medical assistants preferred
- Computer skills preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Hourly wage starting at $13.00/hr
- 401K plan
- Vacation leave
- Accrued/Earned Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Uniform Allowance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Patient Care
- Prepare examination and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Accurately record patient information in the patient’s chart prior to examination.
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment.
- Dispense medication as directed by the providers.
- Instruct and educate patients about conditions and treatment instructions.
- Handle telephone calls from patients, prospective patients, physicians, pharmacies, as well as other staff.
- Provide solutions to patient concerns within the scope of position.
- Patient intake including scheduling and registration.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation to staff.
- Correspondence by phone, in person, or in writing with regard to patient care, i.e. insurance carriers, physicians, non-clinic physicians.
- Maintain patient records for clinical use, medical records use, billing use, physicians’ review, etc.
- Assist with scheduling of test and treatments.
- Complete opening and closing procedures by working with other team members to prepare the exam rooms and nurses station area daily.
- Maintain and organize exam rooms and supplies.
- Maintain clean, professional working/treatment area.
- Navigate in an EMR and be able to review and document all patient details, phone notes, medication reconciliation and any pertinent information regarding the patient exams and treatment.
- Return patient calls and make calls for patient refills in a timely manner to ensure that patients get their needs met.
- Perform all duties needed to complete the Prior Authorizations for insurance and ensure that patient medication needs are addressed in a timely matter.
- Compose letters on behalf of practitioners, complete school medication forms, disability paperwork, patient assistance forms as requested by the practitioner and/or as requested by the patient regarding their care per practitioner approval.
- Uphold strict confidentiality and comply with HIPAA guidelines.
- Accept and assume responsibility for special projects as they arise.
Please apply by sending us your resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.