Provide housekeeping services in keeping with OSHA guidelines and residence policies, and maintain a clean and healthy residence environment.
- Ensure that common areas, including guest restrooms, are clean, neat and free of odor.
- Launder residence linens, towels, sheets, and other items according to schedule and as needed.
- Launder residents’ personal clothes, sheets, and towels according to schedule.
- Ensure that residents’ personal items remain separate at all times and are returned promptly to the residents’ room once laundered.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Maintain an organized housekeeping cart complete with all needed items.
Ensure that common areas and residents’ rooms/apartments are cleaned in accordance to schedule. This should include but is not limited to the following:
- Vacuuming all carpeted areas
- Dusting all furniture, common area items, handrails, and hanging pictures
- Cleaning glass surfaces
- Cleaning doors, doorways, and walls of fingerprints or other dirt
- Vacuuming upholstery furniture according to schedule
- Cleaning and disinfecting common areas and residents’ bathrooms
- Sanitizing and disinfecting soiled utility bins according to schedule
- Cleaning and organizing laundry areas and storage closets according to schedule
Regulatory Compliance and Sanitation
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, MSDS, and the residence policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the housekeeping cart and other supplies are in a safe area as to prevent any injuries to residents, employees, or visitors.
- Ensure proper disposal of soiled clothing or linens in compliance with infection control standards.
- Ensure that hazardous cleaning products are properly stored and labeled
Physical Job Requirements
To fulfill job requirements, employee must be able to perform key physical task for extended periods of time. Proper body mechanics and safety measures as prescribed by the residence must be used.
In a typical eight- hour day, employee will:
- Stand/walk up to eight hours a day
- Sit up to two hours a day
- Frequently support up to 70 pounds
- Frequently lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Frequently kneel, bend, and reach