The Contact Tracer will call all every case and either call or virtually monitor every contact of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for quarantine. Contact Tracers are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided by DPH, and comply with DPH training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
- Understand Contact Interviewing and Contact Tracing in the context of a pandemic
- A basic introduction into the standardized processes of Contact Interviewing and Contact Tracing
- Conducting Interviews
- Documentation of Interviews in a digital system
- Introduction to Daily Workflow
- Response to Common Requests and Referral for Testing
May work various hours and weekends.
High School Diploma
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Second or multiple languages a plus
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
Bilingual - fluent Spanish Speaking
Current College Student (Undergraduate or Graduate) majoring in Public Health or a closely related field or Recent Graduate.
Completion of coursework in Epidemiology
This is temporary or hourly paid work performing professional health care services. Positions in this job are established for less than 9 months or scheduled for less than 30 hours per week and are not eligible for benefits if the position status is temporary (i.e., SCOA 513). Positions in this job are established for greater than 9 months and scheduled for greater than 30 hours per week if the position status is permanent labor (i.e., SCOA 512). Normally permanent labor positions are eligible for Health Insurance benefits. Apply at the link below:https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/georgiadph/jobs/2772139/georgia-contact-tracer-coronavirus-response?keywords=contact%20tracers&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs