To apply, please come by our Corporate Office
Monday-Friday between 8:30am & 4:30pm
5 E 6th Ave
Rome, GA 30161
(between "Doug's Deli" and "Swift & Finch")
These qualifications are required for the person in this position:
- Basic Personal Care Home Qualifications
- Federal and State Qualifications
- Physical Requirements: This job entails frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stepping, bending, turning, and stretching. The employee must be able to lift a minimal of 50 pounds. This employee will be required to receive, inventory and store cases of food products. This employee may be required to carry trays of dishes, wash dishes and utensils, sweep and mop parts of kitchen, sweep and mop parts and/or all of dining room. This Employee will be required to stand and/or work on his/her feet for long periods at one time.
- A designated telephone that provides adequate contact between the employee and the Community in the event that management staff needs to adjust the schedule to fill in for a missing co-worker or otherwise contact the employee on an emergency basis.
This is an entry level position in the Food Service Department. No experience is required. However, it is preferred that the applicant has the following knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Skill using sharp knives and other utensils safely to chop and prep food items for salad bar.
- Set up, maintain and break down salad bar following all health code regulations
- Properly store and label all food items on the salad bar following all health code regulations.
- Safely use food processor and mixer to prepare items for salad bar and desserts.
- Set up carts for successful delivery of breakfast trays.
- Knowledge on how to serve food
- Knowledge on how to bus tables.
- Knowledge on how to maintain a high level of hygiene in the handling of food and serving ware.
- How to keep station clean and sanitary following all current health code regulations.
- The Dietary Aide must study all health codes and regulations governing food service preparation in personal care home so that he/she understands safe food preparation techniques, food storage requirements, food serving requirements, and general requirements for environmental cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Check Breakfast carts are set up properly for delivery with all trays, rolled disposable utensils, condiments (sugars, creamer and jelly), and dry cereals if indicated.
- Place all cold beverages on breakfast trays as indicated on the dietary breakfast card on each tray.
- Place hot coffee, if requested, on each tray just before delivery to ensure coffee is hot when delivered.
- Take water dispenser and fill with ice then take to hydration station in the front lobby and make sure is also stocked with small disposable cups.
- Prepare the dessert that will be required for that day’s lunch.
- Prepare all items needed for salad bar.
- When prepping ensure that all items are not top stocked. All newly prepped items are on bottom of new clean salad bar container and filled with older prepped item, all items that are 3 days old or do not have a fresh appearance must be discarded, and all items are correctly labeled and dated. The oldest item must be reflected on the date when labeling.
- Do not over prep salad bar items so as not to produce too much waste.
- Operate salad bar during meal service.
- Assist in taking orders, serving drinks and serving meals to residents in the dining room during lunch after done working the salad bar.
- Breakdown, properly store, and label salad bar items for next meal. Discard any food items that do not have fresh appearance.
- Wash, sanitize and store all salad bar utensils.
- AM Dietary Aid will set up breakfast carts for next day with clean trays, rolled disposable silverware, condiments (sugars, creamers and jelly), and dry cereal if indicated.
- PM Dietary Aide will assist in taking orders, serving drinks and serving meals to residents in the dining room during lunch if scheduled at 11AM.
- PM Dietary Aide will assist in busing dining room.
- PM Dietary Aide will prepare the dessert that will be required for that night’s dinner.
- PM Dietary Aide will check stored salad bar items to ensure all items needed for salad bar are present and prep any item that is not present or in sufficient quantiles for that night’s service.
- Set up salad bar approximately 30 – 40 minutes before dinner service
- Make salads as needed during service
- Assist in taking orders, serving drinks and serving meals to residents in the dining room during dinner after done working the salad bar.
- Breakdown, properly store, and label salad bar items for next meal. Discard any food items that will out of date or that do not have fresh appearance.
- Wash, sanitize, and store all salad bar utensils.
- Help with bussing, sweeping and mopping the dining room as needed.
- Clean and sanitize work station.
- Sweep and mop Dietary Aide work area.