The purpose of this classification is to develop, coordinate, implement, schedule and evaluate a variety of programs including camps, leisure and instructional classes, events, wellness and fitness and programming and sponsorships. Work schedule will vary widely depending upon program needs, including nights and weekends.
• Directs and assigns part-time staff.
• Coordinates and assists in the development of outreach programs and lines of communication with various demographic and under-served communities in Rome and Floyd County.
• Assist in seeking out sponsors for scoreboards, guides, programs, events and more.
• Assists in taking and editing photos and videos of events, sports and activities.
• Assists with production of content for web site and social media.
• Assists with ad placement at radio stations, web sites, publications, social media and digital board.
• Assists with marketing campaigns.
• Coordinates facility rentals, including helping staff and supervising rentals during the week, weekends and evenings.
• Assists with social media and website updating and maintenance.
• Assists in the coordination of all special events and activities.
• Assists with expanding programming to include health and wellness initiatives to promote partnerships with local health facilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Administration or related field and two (2) years work experience in recreation or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and work experience. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Must obtain First Aid and CPR certifications within six months of hire.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic