RECORDS I.D CLERK II
The purpose of this classification is to perform clerical work functions associated with processing/ maintaining information, documentation, and records, and responding to request for information related to the Sheriff's Office and jail.
• Receives, reviews, prepares and/or processes documents such as arrest and booking reports, citations, warrants, inmate tracking lists, extradition documents, appearance, sentencing documents, and inmate documents.
• Verifies, completes and/or codes required information; enters information into department; updates database information; creates new spreadsheets/files; and purges old data as appropriate; makes copies and distributes as appropriate; maintains copies in department manual files.
• Operates national (NCIC) and state (GCIC) law enforcement computer systems to identify, retrieve, and/or update criminal information (e.g., warrants, license plates, driver's license records, stolen property, missing/wanted persons, criminal histories, etc.).
• Obtains/provides information as requested; initiates/retrieves computerized messages to/from state and national agencies.
• Answers telephones; greets/assists visitors; communicates with the general public, attorneys, law enforcement personnel, court personnel.
• Provides assistance, requested documents, and information regarding department services and procedures; takes and relays messages and/or directs calls to appropriate personnel.
High School Diploma or equivalent and six (6) months of experience in clerical/ general office work or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
BENEFITS:Health/Major MedicalDentalLong Term DisabilityEmployer-Paid PensionPaid HolidaysPaid Vacation-AnnuallyPaid SickIncentive Pay & Longevity PayFree Wellness Clinic