EQUIPMENT OPERATOR I
The purpose of this job is to operate heavy equipment and perform manual work functions associated with construction, repair, and maintenance of County road systems.
• Operates a variety of heavy equipment, machinery, and tools used in road construction, maintenance, and repair.
• Transports, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects.
• Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment, and tools in good working condition.
• Monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment.
• Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, or other documentation; completes, processes, and/or forwards as appropriate.
• Communicates via telephone and/or two-way radio.
The ability to read and write English and six (6) months of experience in equipment operation and road maintenance, or a related field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
BENEFITS:Health/Major MedicalDentalLong Term DisabilityEmployer-Paid PensionPaid HolidaysPaid Vacation-AnnuallyPaid SickIncentive Pay & Longevity PayFree Wellness Clinic