The purpose of this classification is to provide clerical support to the Probate Court, including receiving, indexing, and recording court case information and/or legal documents, entering and updating data into databases, providing copies of official court and/or legal documents to the public, courts, litigants, attorneys, and other appropriate parties.
• Performs customer service functions: provides information/assistance regarding court proceedings, procedures, documentation, fees, case status/disposition, or other issues on the phone or in person.
• Distributes forms and documentation; responds to routine questions or complaints; researches problems/complaints and initiates problem resolution.
• Performs notary public duties.
• Processes various court-related documentation; assists in preparing, receiving and processing subpoenas, court judgments, hearings, continuances, and appeals.
• Files bills and indexes information into computer database; receives and date stamps court related and/or legal documents.
• Researches estates/ guardianship information; monitors and audits annual returns on probated estate matters to ensure proper filing and accurate inventories; reviews, verifies, records and files required information.
• Maintains departmental file system.
• Prepares, compiles, or completes various forms, reports, billing statements, or other documents.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and one (1) year of experience in clerical work, court services administration, administrative support, or closely related field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. GCIC Certified is required.