The purpose of this classification is to provide effective and efficient animal control and to enforce state and local animal control ordinances while supervising and insuring safety of inmates assigned to animal control work detail.
• Advises the public regarding state and local codes and ordinances applicable to animal control activities.
• Issues warnings for violations of animal control laws.
• Transports inmates; enforces all work detail rules and regulations.
• Maintains a secure and safe environment during transport and while working detail.
• Takes count of inmates; evaluates inmate work performance; opens and closes animal control facility; controls facility alarm system; secures gates and bunker; investigates calls from citizens concerning animal control issues.
• Investigates claims of mistreated animals.
• Controls animals deemed dangerous, abandoned, or lost.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and a valid driver's license. Must be certified in basic first-aid and C.P.R. Must pass and maintain current Georgia Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.) certification as a Basic Correctional Officer within one year of appointment.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic