Steward/Prep Cook (Normandy Inn)
Scope of Position: The Steward/Prep Cook (Normandy Inn) supports the WinShape Foundation’s goal to provide a clean, safe, and comforting environment for the growth and transformation of marriages. Providing this environment will encompass routine kitchen and service area cleaning, assisting of the chef and WinShape hosts to serve the guests, and preparing the Inn’s supplies and spaces for guests’ comfort.
Reports to: Chef de Cuisine (Normandy Inn)
- Cleans the Inn’s kitchen and foodservice areas by routinely washing dishware and clearing service areas after use
- Supports the Inn’s chef in foodservice by assisting in preparing for and serving meals, and assembles and distributes breaks
- Supports WinShape Marriage hosts by maintaining attention to guests’ needs for provisions, directions, and transportation within the property as needed
- Refreshes guest meeting spaces by clearing food and used wares, and resetting the furniture and accessories
- Restocks and maintains beverage and snack areas
- Records weekly inventory of supplies and refreshments
- Orders and restocks supplies as needed to replenish kitchen and all guest areas
- Supports kitchen team by routinely emptying trash and caring for laundry
- Communicates with WinShape Laundry, Facilities, and Procurement departments to ensure the Normandy Inn is clean, safe, and well-stocked
- Provides other services as defined by the Normandy Inn Chef de cuisine.
- 0-2 years’ experience in customer service, hospitality, or related field
- Valid drivers’ license and acceptable driving record required
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, bend, climb stairs and ladders
- Able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible and available to meet a varied work schedule which may include working any shift in a 24 hour/7 day a week operation
- Willing to put the success of the Normandy team above own self-interest
- Must demonstrate the ability to build strong ongoing working relationship with fellow staff
- Must be willing to take initiative and have problem solving skills
- Experienced in dealing with guests in a non-intrusive, supportive, and grace-based manner
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be committed to WinShape’s vision and core values of People, Results, Excellence, Safety and Stewardship