Pastry Chef/ Baker
Honeymoon Bakery in Rome, GA is looking for an experienced Pastry Chef/ Baker to join our team and help us grow to the next level. We are looking for a creative and highly skilled chef with the highest standard of what makes a delicious pastry or baked good. The Pastry Chef/ Baker will join the Honeymoon Bakery team that is guided by the principles of integrity, innovation, hospitality, and community.
Employee package includes:
- Competitive Salary and Career Growth Opportunities
- Flexible scheduling – Full and Part Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits Offered at 35 Hours per Week
- Paid Vacation for Full-Time Employees
- Employee Discounts at Honeymoon Bakery, Aventine, and Blossom Hill
- CLOSED Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Punctual and disciplined to ensure optimal work performance.
- Solid sense of planning and prep for the day, week, and month ahead.
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (gluten free, low-carb, sugarless, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food prep, and baking techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of pastry arts and ingredients.
- Knowledge of weights, measurements, volume and cooking procedures.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, bias toward action and high degree of personal accountability.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A passion for continued learning.
- Diligent and meticulous in making and receiving orders.
- Dedicated to cultivating customer excellence and a hospitality-driven culture.
- Collaborates effectively in a team environment and is willing to pitch in no matter the task. Believes we are most likely to succeed when we work together as a team.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures (freezers and walk-in refrigerators).
- Must be able to work quickly in a confined area and stand for extended periods of time.
- Continuous use of hands and arms.
- Continuous bending, reaching, and twisting.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., as needed.
- Basic English reading and communication skills.
- Prepare a range of pastry items required for breakfast and retail offerings according to Honeymoon Bakery recipes.
- Ensure proper finished product consistency.
- Assist in planning seasonal and holiday menu items.
- Monitor kitchen stock for necessary ingredients and place orders that remain within budget.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen station and adhere to health and safety standards, including but not limited to, set up and stock product when truck arrives; clean, sanitize and maintain equipment, utensils, and tools; sweep floors; empty trash.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts (or a minimum of up to 2 years of pastry chef experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations)
- ServSafe Certification preferred
- Certificate in CPR/First Aid preferred