DIETARY UTILITY AIDE
email your resumé to: email@example.com
or please come by our Corporate Office
Monday-Friday between 8:30am & 4:30pm
5 E 6th Ave
Rome, GA 30161
(between "Doug's Deli" and "Swift & Finch")
These qualifications are required for the person in this position:
- Basic Personal Care Home Qualifications
- Federal and State Qualifications
- Physical Requirements: This job entails frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stepping, bending, turning, and stretching. The employee must be able to lift a minimal of 50 pounds. This employee will be required to receive, inventory and store cases of food products. This employee may be required to carry trays of dishes, wash dishes and utensils, sweep and mop parts of kitchen, sweep and mop parts and/or all of dinning room. This Employee will be required to stand and/or work on his/her feet for long periods at one time.
- A designated telephone that provides adequate contact between the employee and the Community in the event that management staff needs to adjust the schedule to fill in for a missing co-worker or otherwise contact the employee on an emergency basis.
This is an entry level position in the Food Service Department. No experience is required. However, it is preferred that the applicant has the following knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Skill in using and maintaining chemicals in a commercial dishwasher.
- Knowledge on how set a dining room for meals.
- Ability to operate commercial coffee-making equipment and other beverage making equipment.
- Knowledge on how to serve food.
- Knowledge on how to bus tables.
- Ability to deliver room service meals and maintain quality of the delivered meal.
- Understanding about how to clean and maintain every piece of silverware, dishware, kitchen equipment and the kitchen environment in order to meet health code standards.
- Knowledge on how to maintain a high level of hygiene in the handling of food and serving ware.
- The Utility Aide must study all health codes and regulations governing food service preparation in personal care home so that he/she understands safe food preparation techniques, food storage requirements, food serving requirements, dishwashing requirements, and general requirements for environmental cleanliness of the kitchen
- AM Utility Aide will make coffee, sweet tea and unsweet tea for daily service. This includes Folgers Coffee Urn fill and taken to 50’s dining room after breakfast and ensure is stocked with disposable coffee cups, stirrers, sugar, sweetener and creamers.
- Roll silverware for Breakfast service and lunch service
- Bus tables and clear all dirty serving ware from the dining room after breakfast.
- Clean the glass table tops in the dining room after breakfast meal change out tables cloths when soiled after breakfast meal.
- Wash all plates, bowls, dishes, cups, mugs and silverware use for resident meal.
- Roll silverware from breakfast
- Set tables for lunch meal with rolled flatware, beverage napkin, cup(s) and or mug, fill salt and pepper shakers, fill caddies with sugar, sweetener. And creamer packs. Replace all condiments to store shelves behind salad bar.
- Fill all glasses with proper ice, beverage and lemon as resident’s preferences.
- Set up cart with ice, lemons, sweet tea, unsweet tea and water for refilling resident glasses as requested
- Assist in taking orders, serving drinks and serving meals to residents in the dining room during lunch.
- Wash all, plates, bowls, dishes, cups, mugs, and silverware from lunch.
- Sweep and mop dish area and take out trash before leaving from AM shift
- Afternoon utility Aide will assist in taking orders, serving drinks and serving meals to residents in the dining room during lunch.
- Afternoon Utility Aide will help Dietary Aid in busing tables after lunch
- Afternoon Utility Aide clean the glass table tops in the dining room after lunch meal change out tables cloths when soiled after lunch meal.
- Afternoon Utility Aide will roll silverware for dinner service. Late Utility Aide will assist with rolling silverware if scheduled.
- Afternoon Utility Aide will set tables for diner meal with rolled flatware, beverage napkin, cup(s) and /or mug, fill salt and pepper shakers, fill caddies with sugar, sweetener, and creamer packs. Replace all condiments to store shelves behind salad bar. The Late Utility Aide will assist with setting up dining room for dinner service if scheduled.
- Afternoon and late (if Scheduled) Utility Aide(s) will assist in taking orders, serving drinks and serving meals to residents in the dining room.
- Afternoon Utility Aide will wash all plates, bowls, cups, mugs and silverware from dinner. If there is not a late Utility Aide scheduled or present, the afternoon Utility Aide and Dietary Aide will buss tables before washing dishes. Then will sweep and mop dish area in kitchen before taking out trash.
- The late Utility Aide will buss the tables in the dining room (if scheduled or present) with help from Dietary Aide.
- The late Utility will clean the glass table tops in the dining room after dinner meal change out tables cloths when soiled after dinner meal and Replace all condiments to store shelves behind salad bar. If there is not a Late Utility Aide present then afternoon Utility aide and Dietary Aide will perform duties.
- The late Utility Aide will sweep and mop dining room. If late Utility Aide is not present, then afternoon Utility Aide and Dietary Aide will perform duties after the dished are washed and salad bar is put up and cleaned.
- The late Utility Aide will clean and wash all coffee and tea serving and storage containers before moping the beverage making area. If there is no late Utility Aid this will be performed by the afternoon Utility Aide.
- Check all cleaning and sanitizing agents to ensure enough product for proper operation of the dish machine
- On a daily basis, record temperatures and chlorine PM in daily logs for dish machine also temps and sanitizer concentration in 3 compartment sink logs. Report any issues to Food Service Director immediately.
- Perform the cleaning task assigned to this position. Wipe down and sanitize all carts after each meal. Follow any deep cleaning instructions give by the Food Service Director.
- The Food Service Director may add any task(s) verbally on a daily basis if needed.
Date Posted: New Attribute Name