Scope of Position: The Coordinator, Food Service is responsible for assisting in the leadership of all aspects of the dining facilities and staff. This position assists the Manager of Food Service in the oversight of food safety, stewardship, ministry, and service standards within the Food Service department. The Coordinator – Food Service is a critical and visible component of the Food Service leadership team during all events, catering opportunities, summer camp, and other WinShape Retreat activities.
Reports to: Manager of Food Service
Click the link below to learn more about WinShape!
- Identify food service problems in a timely manner, applies an effective analytical problem solving process, develops alternative solutions, selects the solution most appropriate to the situation, and confers with manager appropriately.
- Supervise, lead and direct staff in all aspects of food service (meals, breaks, and preparation for future meals and breaks, sanitation, receiving and inventory control, food safety, and presentation of both food and open kitchen areas).
- Provide leadership, support, motivation and development of Food Service staff. Train and coach as necessary to insure operational excellence.
- Effectively communicate standards and ensure quality of food preparation, service, presentation, cleanliness, sanitation, equipment use, dining service, and employee appearance
- Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes and nutritional needs.
- Participate in other menu planning activities including, but not limited to, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Assist manager in the development and updates of Food Service standards
- Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned by the Manager of Food Service
- Culinary degree or 3-5 years kitchen experience
- Minimum of 2 years Culinary Management experience
- Committed to being present at appropriate times to work - 40/45 hours per week, all shifts, all days
- Capable of planning for and preparing food for 50 people that demonstrates the 5 characteristics of food: Taste, Temperature, Aroma, Presentation, and Texture
- Demonstrated knowledge of health codes required
- Demonstrate interest and aptitude for increasing skill level and acquiring new skills relative to food service.
- ServSafe certified preferred or able to obtain within 90 days
- Ability to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work effectively in an environment with competing demands.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Exhibit the following competencies: dependability, team player, job knowledge, initiative, problem solving, communication, project organization/management, conflict resolution, leadership, and delegation
- Commitment to WinShape Retreat vision and core values
FLSA Status: Regular Full-Time, Non-Exempt