Scope of Position: The Cook (Summer) assists the Food Service Leadership team in the preparation of meals and the oversight of food safety, stewardship, ministry and service standards within the Food Service department.
Reports to: Chef de Cuisine
- Sets up prep stations with proper tools and food service equipment
- Prepares all menu items as directed by Food Service Leadership, following all recipes.
- Organizes coolers, freezers and dry storage areas
- Unloads and puts away all product delivered from food suppliers
- Operates cooking action stations
- Cleans and maintains food service equipment
- Removes trash during and at the end of each shift
- Sweeps and cleans floors at the end of each shift
- Assist Food Service Leadership with inventory management
- Opens and closes the kitchen according to WSR standards
- Runs the day-to-day operation of the kitchen with a guest count of 50 and below.
- Requires a Culinary diploma or minimum of 1-3 years kitchen experience
- Must be flexible and available to meet a varied work schedule which may include working any shift in a 24 hour/7 day a week operation
- Demonstrated knowledge of health codes
- Possesses a ServSafe certificate or able to acquire within 90 days
- Requires a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Basic computer and math skills
- Able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Must be committed to WinShape's vision and core values of People, Results, Excellence, Safety and Stewardship