Sports Information Graduate Assistant
Shorter UniversityShorter University Athletic Department, located in Rome, GA, is currently seeking applicants for two Sports Information Graduate Assistant positions. Shorter is a proud member of the Gulf South Conference and sponsors 19 varsity sports that compete at the NCAA Division II level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Sports Information office and Game Day Operations efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, writing press releases, game recaps, and feature stories for assigned sports; while also assisting with event management and game operations/setup
- Serve as the primary contact for select Shorter University programs while aiding in the coverage of other in-season teams
- Conduct all aspects of pre-game, in-game, and post-game coverage for assigned contests
- Promote Shorter athletics through social media; including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Interact with local and national media outlets
- Keep in-game statistics with StatCrew scoring software and maintain historical records of assigned teams
- Produce game notes, previews and select publications
- Use of Sidearm Sports Software to update the athletics website
- Evening and weekend work is required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and acceptance/enrollment in a graduate program at Shorter.
- GAs must make a minimum work commitment of 18 to 24-month to Shorter, depending on the master’s program and hours allowed each semester, while working 10-15 hours per week in the office.
- Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Experience using Photoshop, InDesign, StatCrew, video editing software and website management applications.
Master’s Degree Options
MBA, MBA emphasis in Sports Management, or Master of Management. In exchange for hours worked for the team, the successful candidate will receive 31 hours of tuition remission for graduate courses only subject to the Graduate Assistantship Guidelines of the University. If pre-requisites undergraduate courses are needed they must be covered by financial aid or applicant’s personal funds.
Apply for Graduate Assistant - Sports Information using the link below:
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives to Christ