Public Services/Online Services Librarian
Under the supervision of The Director of Library Services, this position supervises Library Public Services at the Circulation Desk and the computers near the Circulation Desk; assists The Director of Library Services in the supervision of all Livingston Library student workers; and manages the archives. This position is also responsible for day to day maintenance of the library webpage; overall development of LibGuides; and serves as a liaison to designated departments/programs.
- Supervises Library Public Services at the Circulation desk and the computers near the circulation desk.
- Assists the Director of Library Services in supervising all Livingston Library student workers.
- Assist students and faculty in the use of the collection, databases, and other resources.
- Manages the Archives of the Livingston Library.
- Administrator and main developer of LibGuides. Updates and creates guides. Checks link checker and updates weblinks.
- Provide one-on-one instructional assistance to students/faculty on use of the internet, email, and other electronic resources.
- Record usage statistics daily and compile by month and annually for library reporting purposes.
- Maintain regular communication (via meetings and email) with assigned liaison departments/programs.
- Select and maintain reference and main library resources for areas assigned as liaison.
- Participate in the selection and maintenance of audio-visual equipment.
- Manages library’s Facebook account, publicize campus events.
- Creates online and instructional materials such as video tutorials and infographics.
- Technical contact for Galileo, TLC, and database vendors, communicate with them if technical or access issues.
- Reports updates and changes to university webmaster for Library webpages.
- Assists with gathering statistical data for reporting IPEDS and Taskstream.
- Share staffing responsibilities for weekends on a rotating basis as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services.
Apply for Public Services/Online Services Librarian using the link below:
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ
Qualifications: MLS from an ALA accredited program. Excellent library, computer/software applications (Microsoft Word), and research skills. Self-starter that can combine their reference knowledge with creative and technological acuity to create excellent electronic resources for the Shorter University community. Must be customer-service oriented, as assisting students, faculty, and staff is one of the primary responsibilities of this position. Prefer experience with creation of instructional tools available through online access.
Individuals Supervised: Livingston Library student workers.