Ledbetter College of Business Adjunct Instructor of Healthcare Management (Online)
As a member of the Ledbetter College of Business and Shorter University in the role of an Adjunct Instructor, the applicant will be expected to teach courses in an online setting. Adjunct instructors are needed for Healthcare Management courses at the undergraduate and potentially graduate levels. The ideal candidate will have a graduate and/or terminal degree in Healthcare Management or 18 Graduate Hours relatable to Healthcare Management.
The essential functions and responsibilities of a faculty member include:
- Teach load as advised by Chair and Dean per semester.
- Prepare a syllabus for each class, including the making of course outlines and announcing to students the objectives of the course, the requirements of the course, the expectations of the students and the methods of evaluation.
- Give attention to scholarly and creative development in his or her own field.
- Refrain from the discussion of confidential information with unauthorized persons.
- Endeavor to stimulate an atmosphere of intellectual curiosity.
- Follow the regulations of the institution.
- Keep accurate records of grades and absences.
- Support the mission of the university.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Provost or appropriate academic dean.
- Meet each assigned class, laboratory, etc., unless illness, emergency or prior permission of department chairperson and appropriate academic dean have occurred.
- Terminal Degree preferred. Master’s Degree Considered.
- 18 hours of graduate level courses in Economics.
- Previous experience in classroom preferred.
Apply for Adjunct Instructor of Healthcare Management using the link below:
Requirements for consideration: In addition to the required online application, applicants need to send a cover letter, unofficial transcripts of all academic work, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of faith, and three current letters of reference to:
315 Shorter Avenue
Rome, Georgia 30165
Send all materials in one packet, making sure to label it with your name and the position for which you are applying.
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ