Interlibrary Loan/Evening Librarian
Interlibrary Loan/Evening LibrarianUnder the supervision of the Director of Library Services, this position is responsible for the operation of the library during Evening Librarian shift hours (Sunday - Thursday, 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.) by providing library reference support and instruction to students and faculty of the University while maintaining building security. Provides Interlibrary Loan services for the University; Manages the faculty reserves collection; notices to patrons, overdues, lost materials, graduating seniors, and employees who are leaving the University. Serves as library liaison to several divisions as assigned by the library director; Shares bibliographic instruction with fellow librarians; Performs collection development for assigned areas of expertise; Assist with cataloging of library materials when necessary.
- Maintain an environment suitable to study and research by making rounds regularly.
- Supervise evening student workers and their special projects.
- Initiate, process and receive Interlibrary Loan requests on behalf of Livingston library students, faculty, and staff and libraries around the world through the OCLC Worldshare database.
- Receive and process materials in/out of the faculty reserves collection; adds faculty, courses, etc. to the faculty reserves collection module.
- Inputs received information for serials and vendors into the Serials module; receives and claims issues of periodicals; maintains lists of periodicals and programs supported; weed newspapers and periodicals when needed.
- Manages notices to patrons, overdues, lost materials, graduating seniors, and employees who are leaving the University.
- Serves as library liaison; Maintains regular communications (via meetings and email) with assigned liaison departments/programs.
- Plan and build electronic LibGuides and make web link recommendations for the departments/programs assigned as liaison.
- Participate in collection development and maintenance of the reference and main collection for areas assigned as liaison.
- Assist student, faculty and staff in the use of the library collection, databases, technology and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services.
Qualifications: MLS from an ALA accredited program. Excellent library, computer/software applications (Microsoft Word), and research skills. Self-starter that can combine their reference knowledge with creative and technological acuity to create excellent electronic resources for the Shorter University community. Must be customer-service oriented, as assisting students, faculty, and staff is one of the primary responsibilities of this position. Prefer experience with creation of instructional tools available through online access.
Individuals Supervised: Livingston Library student workers.
Apply for Interlibrary Loan/Evening Librarian using the link below:
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ