Human Resources Manager
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) office including onboarding and departure meetings, administering benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. The ideal candidate will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic initiatives. They will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Provides support and guidance to HR staff, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Orientation and Exit Interviews for all employees.
- Maintenance of all employee personnel records.
- Administration of all benefits programs for employees.
- Maintenance of budget for Human Resources.
- Maintenance of approved job classifications and salary ranges per job classification.
- Completion of all surveys and reporting, IPEDS, OSHA, etc.
- Maintain and distribute Staff Handbook.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems (ADP).
- Demonstrated expertise training managers and employees
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills
- Attention to detail and good judgement
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
Apply for HR Manager using the link below:
Upload a PDF of the following required documents
- Professional References
As an employee of Shorter University, you are expected to abide by the mission of Shorter University and the personal lifestyle statement.
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ