Head Women’s Soccer Coach
Head Women’s Soccer Coach
Shorter University, a NCAA Division II institution which competes in the Gulf South Conference, is currently accepting applicants for the position of Head Women’s Soccer Coach. This position will be responsible for sport specific coaching, Student-Athlete development, providing spiritual development for student-athletes, evaluating, and recruiting prospective student-athletes, and overall administrative duties. This position will report to the Athletic Director. All activities shall be conducted within the policies and resource framework of the University, the Athletics Department, the Gulf South Conference, and the NCAA.
Job Summary: (As will be listed in handbook): Oversee all aspects of the Women’s Soccer program which includes but is not limited to: Scheduling, budgeting, game preparation, practice planning and execution, conditioning, recruiting, academic monitoring, and supervision of staff and fundraising.
• Create an atmosphere that teaches student-athletes to know Jesus Christ and honor God.
• Lead, Guide and Foster an atmosphere for spiritual growth
• Develop student-athletes with counseling, advising, educating, and motivating.
• Monitor, evaluate, and retain student-athletes.
• Strives to consistently exhibit humility, grace, love, joy, peace, and spiritual maturity with all relationships at the University.
• Instruct and demonstrate different techniques and skills at practices. Perform all game-day duties as needed. Maintain a disciplined and orderly team environment always ensuring the safety of the student athlete.
-Work with Strength and Conditioning staff to incorporate strength training soccer programs
• Evaluate prospects through high school visits, at competitions, and/or home visits.
• Recruit Division II eligible prospects from high school, junior college, and transfers.
• Abide by the rules and regulations of the NCAA and the Gulf South Conference
Previous experience as a player or coach at the collegiate level or highly successful high school and/or club coaching experience. Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred)
Job Duties: Organize and supervise all practices, matches and the off-season conditioning program; Develop and administer a recruiting plan; Be responsible for budget and scheduling; Adhere to all Shorter University and NCAA rules and regulations; Arrange transportation and lodging; Administer pre-game devotional program; Be responsible for discipline of players; Ensure that the wrestling team represents Shorter University with character, class, and sportsmanship. The successful candidate must understand the role of intercollegiate athletics in a challenging academic environment which values the physical, intellectual, and spiritual development of each student.
Apply for Head Coach- Soccer using the link below: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=163a046e-9138-461f-9b4c-f9dbe77a4748&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=395125&lang=en_US&source=CC4
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives Through Christ