Head Tennis Coach Men’s and Women’s
Shorter University, a NCAA Division II institution which competes in the Gulf South Conference, is currently accepting applicants for the position of Head Tennis Coach. This position will be responsible for sport specific coaching, Student-Athlete development, providing spiritual development for student-athletes, evaluating and recruiting prospective student-athletes, and overall administrative duties. This position will report to the Athletic Director. All activities shall be conducted within the policies and resource framework of the University, the Athletics Department, the Gulf South Conference, and the NCAA.
Job Summary: (As will be listed in handbook):
Oversee all aspects of the Men and Women’s tennis programs; Game preparation, practices, recruiting, academic progress of players, and off-season conditioning.
• Create an atmosphere that teaches student-athletes to honor God.
• Lead, Guide and Foster an atmosphere for spiritual growth that leads student athletes into a close relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Develop student-athletes with counseling, advising, educating, and motivating.
• Monitor, evaluate, and retain student-athletes.
• Strives to consistently exhibit humility, grace, love, joy, peace and spiritual maturity with all relationships at the University.
• Instruct and demonstrate different techniques and skills at practices. Perform all game-day duties as needed. Maintain a disciplined and orderly team environment always ensuring the safety of the student athlete.
-Work with Strength and Conditioning staff to incorporate strength training for all tennis athletes.
• Identify and attract prospects to Shorter University
• Evaluate prospects through high school visits, at competitions, and/or home visits.
• Recruit Division II eligible prospects from high school, junior college, and transfers.
• Abide by the rules and regulations of the NCAA and the Gulf South Conference
- Previous experience in college tennis.
- A person guided by Christian principle.
- Bachelor’s degree required. (Masters preferred but not necessary)
Recruiting prospective student/athletes, fundraising, promotion, travel arrangements, scheduling, budgeting, scouting, monitoring of student/athletes academic eligibility status, conducting practice sessions, student/athletes retention,
and summer tennis camps.
Apply for Head Coach--Tennis using the link below:
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives Through Christ