Head Men’s & Women’s Golf Coach
Shorter University, an NCAA Division II institution which competes in the Gulf South Conference, is currently accepting applicants for the position of Head Men’s & Women’s Golf Coach. This position will be responsible for sport-specific coaching, Student-Athlete development, providing spiritual development for student-athletes, evaluating and recruiting prospective student-athletes, budget management, and overall administrative duties. This is a 12-month position that reports to the Athletic Director. All activities shall be conducted within the policies and resource framework of the University, the Athletics Department, the Gulf South Conference, and the NCAA.
- Develop student-athletes with counseling, advising, educating, and motivating
- Monitor, evaluate, and retain student-athletes
- Create team building and character development activities with student-athletes
- Instruct and demonstrate different techniques and skills at meetings and practices
- Perform all game-day duties as needed
- Create competition strategies
- Plan daily practices
- Scout opponents including film breakdown and scouting reports
- Identify and attract prospects to Shorter University
- Evaluate prospects through high school visits, at competitions, and/or home visits
- Recruit Division II eligible prospects from high school, junior college, and transfers.
- Manage budget, including equipment, travel, and other team expenses
- Hire, train, and evaluate the performance of assistant coaches if applicable
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the NCAA and the Gulf South Conference
- Create and Manage Season Schedule
- Ability to raise funds throughout the community to support the needs of the golf program.
Apply for Head Men's & Women's Golf Coach using the link below:
- Bachelor’s degree and prior coaching experience at the collegiate level required; Master’s preferred.
- A person guided by Christian principles.
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives Through Christ