Graduate Assistant Men's & Women's Tennis
Graduate Assistant, Men’s & Women’s Tennis Teams
Shorter University, a NCAA Division II institution which competes in the Gulf South Conference, is currently accepting applicants for the position of Graduate Assistant to the Men’s & Women’s Tennis teams. Shorter University is located in Rome, GA approximately 70 miles northwest of Atlanta.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Head Tennis Coach with sport specific coaching, travelling with the team, equipment inventory control, game preparation, practices, strength & conditioning programs, and all other duties as assigned by the Head Tennis Coach. All activities shall be conducted within the policies and resource framework of the University, the Athletics Department, the Gulf South Conference, and the NCAA.
- Master’s degree options are: MBA, MBA emphasis in Sports Management, or Master of Management. In exchange for hours worked for the team, the successful candidate will receive 30-33 hours of tuition remission for graduate courses only subject to the Graduate Assistantship Guidelines of the University. If pre-requisites undergraduate courses are needed they must be covered by financial aid or applicant’s personal funds.
- GAs are asked to make a minimum 18 to 24-month work commitment to Shorter, depending on the master’s program and hours allowed each semester.
- The successful candidate will be guided by high morals and character that exemplify their Christian beliefs in their everyday walk, and possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and resilience to a fluid work schedule.
- Previous experience in high school or university Tennis as a coach and/or player is required.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and admission to the Shorter University Online Graduate Program.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Sports Management.
- Candidates must be US citizens or resident aliens of the United States of America.
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.Transforming Lives Through Christ