Shorter University, a NCAA II institution which competes in the Gulf South Conference, invites applications for the position of Shorter University Men’s Soccer Graduate Assistant. The program is designed to provide each participant with a holistic and valuable practical experience in coaching at the collegiate level. Potential candidates must have a strong desire to pursue a career in coaching. Other things candidates will need to know about the position are as follows:
Duties & responsibilities:
- All candidates must be enrolled in an online Master’s degree program and maintain satisfactory progress towards degree completion to maintain the position.
- GAs receive 30-33 hours of tuition remission for graduate courses only; if undergraduate pre-requisites are needed they must be covered by financial aid or applicant’s personal funds. In exchange for hours worked for the team, the successful candidate will be given free tuition for graduate courses subject to the Graduate Assistantship Guidelines of the University. Graduate assistants are responsible for all expenses for books and fees.
- Master’s degree options: MBA, MBA emphasis in Sports Management, or Master of Management.
- Assist the head coach in planning and running team training sessions
- Video editing and breakdown
- Create scouting reports
- Run individual training sessions
- Aid in recruiting efforts
- Help with miscellaneous tasks: practice hour logs, travel plans, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and admission to one of our graduate programs.
- 1 – 2 years coaching experience
- GAs are asked to make a minimum 18 to 24-month work commitment to Shorter, depending on the master’s program and hours allowed each semester. Class hours taken in the summer require a work commitment of at least 5-10 hours per week of class.
- The candidate must be able to articulate their salvation history clearly and meet the Core Spiritual Requirements listed in the Graduate Assistantship guidelines, which say, among other criteria: “Must regularly attend and be actively engaged in a Bible-believing church.”
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Sports Management
- Applicant should have or be working towards obtaining coaching licenses
- Proficient in individual sessions
Location: Rome, Georgia
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives Through Christ
Start Date: August 2021
Application Deadline: Until position is filled.