Shorter University, a NCAA II institution located in Rome, Georgia, which competes in the Gulf South Conference, invites applications for the position of Shorter University Men & Women’s Soccer Graduate Assistant. The program is designed to provide each participant with a holistic and valuable practical experience in coaching at the collegiate level. Potential candidates must have a strong desire to pursue a career in coaching. Other things candidates will need to know about the position are as follows:
- All candidates must be enrolled in the online Master’s Program and maintain satisfactory progress towards degree completion to maintain the position.
Duties & responsibilities:
- GAs receive 30-33 hours of tuition remission for graduate courses only in exchange for hours worked for the team; if undergraduate pre-requisites are needed they must be covered by financial aid or applicant’s personal funds. GA’s are responsible for expenses for books and fees.
- Master’s degree options: MBA, MBA emphasis in Sports Management, or Master of Management.
- Assist the Men’s & Women’s soccer head coaches in planning and running team training sessions as a goalie coach
- Video editing and breakdown
- Create scouting reports
- Run individual training sessions
- Aid in recruiting efforts
- Help with miscellaneous tasks: practice hour logs, travel plans, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and admission to one of our graduate programs.
- Candidates must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- GAs are expected to make a minimum 16 to 24-month work commitment to Shorter, depending on the master’s program and number of hours allowed each semester.
- The candidate must be able to articulate their salvation history clearly and meet the Core Spiritual Requirements listed in the Graduate Assistantship guidelines, which say, among other criteria: “Must regularly attend and be actively engaged in a Bible-believing church.”
- 1 – 2 years coaching experience
Apply today at the following Link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=163a046e-9138-461f-9b4c-f9dbe77a4748&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=384315&lang=en_US&source=CC4
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives Through Christ
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Sports Management
- Applicant should have or be working towards obtaining coaching licenses
- Proficient in individual sessions working with Men’s & Women’s teams as a goalie coach