Director of Student Health Services
Shorter University is currently accepting applicants for the position of Director of Student Health Services. This position will be responsible for patient care, budget management, and overall administrative duties. This is a 10-month position (August through May) that reports to the Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students. The director upholds all department and institutional missions and goals.
- Provides nursing care to the Rome campus community with initial assessment, evaluation, and triage or treatment of minor episodic medical problems.
- Refers cases requiring further medical intervention to the campus physicians or to another appropriate health care provider (HCP).
- Responds in a timely manner to patient questions concerning treatment, medication, condition, and appropriate requests such as prescription refills, appointments, and collaborates with medical director on these issues as necessary.
- Consults with medical director via emails and telephone as needed concerning medications and treatments involving patients on days the physicians are not on campus.
- Participates in activities that improve the delivery of patient care including continuing education/training/seminars/workshops/webinars.
- Performs CLIA-waived screenings.
- Coordinates, supports, and participates in health promotion/disease prevention programs such as alcohol prevention, CPR training, and an annual flu clinic.
- Teaches CPR class to Residence Life staff.
- Health speaker in classrooms as needed.
- Assesses and keeps current the patient education process.
- Supervises daily activities of SHS; manage budget; oversee purchasing of supplies and medications.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student workers.
- Abides by the Policies and Procedures of the department, Scope of Practice, and nursing process.
- Creates and manages physicians’ clinical schedule in SHS.
- Maintains necessary patient documentation and reports.
- Maintains patient visitation log daily.
- Sends patient charges to Business Office daily as needed.
- Serves as a liaison for athletes/coaches/athletic trainers as appropriate.
- Observes OSHA standards.
- Responsible for all SHS reports to the Vice president of Student Affairs, and Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
- Chairs the Alcohol and Other Drugs Coalition; serves on Safety Committee, and the Chemical Committee.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
Apply for Director, Student Health Services using the link below:
- Registered Nurse with current State of Georgia license in good standing.
- CPR certified.
- Good writing and speaking skills.
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ